Sunday, March 23, 2008

Getting Married Soon?


Short notice weddings are my niche for two main reasons; it provides a service for those needing an officiant at the last minute and it tends to work best with my schedule. Because of various commitments it is challenging for me to sign on to perform weddings more than six months in advance. For some couples this works fine and for others of course, it doesn't.

For warm and welcoming couple, Crystal and Brett, pictured above, it worked great! I performed their intimate wedding and handfasting ceremony two years ago in a beautiful Seattle park. I now have the honor of performing their "big ceremony" in California this summer! Congratulations Crystal and Brett!

In addition to scheduling, I have found that the less time a couple spends planning their wedding, the less time they have to get stressed out about it! It has been reported that the top three most stressful experiences a person can go through are starting a new job, moving and getting married. Regardless of the situation, there will be stress involved and it will be emotional, however the more a couple can relax and enjoy the journey vs. getting fixated on the expectation of perfection the more fun they, and those around them will have.

In addition to short notice and last minute weddings, I am often available on holidays, as well as for theme, costume and out of the ordinary ceremonies. Want to plan something especially unique and perhaps edgy? Ask me to be a part of it...I just might say yes!

No comments: