Saturday, February 16, 2008

Wedding Officiant Tells All...or at Least Some of the Good Stuff


Hello and thank you for visiting and reading my wedding blog! My name is Sindi Somers and I have been performing weddings since 1990. Beginning in Seattle and then relocating to the San Diego area last May, I have brought my business with me. The photos left and above are of Svenna and Francisco on their wedding day. They were the first couple that I married in San Diego and have been lovely to get to know. It was a wonderful experience to start the San Diego leg of my career with such a warm, kind and genuine couple. Congratulations Svenna and Francisco!
As I mentioned, I began officiating in the Seattle area, four years after being ordained by the Church of Divine Man in Everett, Washington. Since that time, I have learned a lot, not only about officiating, but weddings in general. The purpose of my blog is to not only share my experiences, but to also provide planning tips and other information that may be helpful as couples plan their wedding, domestic partnership, commitment and vow renewal ceremonies.

Following the ceremony of a lovely couple in Seattle several years ago, one of the guests approached me with ideas of how I could expand my business. He said, "you should write a blog". At the time I had heard about blogs, but had actually never seen one. They were new and not anywhere near as widespread of a communication tool as they are now. Although I was drawn to the idea, it is just now that I am embarking on this venture.

Not only do I enjoy assisting others and passing along ideas and helpful hints, but I love to write. So here I am writing the first entry of my blog, Getting Married in San Diego! Although I live in San Diego County, I am able to perform weddings in other counties and states. I have even had the fun opportunity to perform a vow renewal ceremony in Mexico!

If you have questions or there are topics that you would like me to write about feel free to email me at sindisomers@gmail.com. I can also be reached by phone at 619-797-0705. You can find out more about me by Googling me (Sindi Somers) or by visiting some of the sites I am listed on directly. craigslist.org (under services/events), mysandiegowedding.com and gatheringguide.com are just some of the sites where information about my officiant services can be found.

If you are reading this in the process of planning your special event I wish you the best of luck and congratulate you both! It's your day. Create it the way you want it!

No comments: